Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Why Do You Do This?

Not sure that I can do this, but I'm going to try to tell you why I do "this", all in a neat little nut shell. By "this" I mean stamp, blog about stamping, show others they can do "this" too.

Have you ever felt like you're living your life from one day to the next doing the same thing over and over again, always looking for the day when you finally get to where you always dreamed you would be?  Have you overlooked "the moment" because you're thinking about that place you really WANT to be?

That is SOOO what I did for so many years.  I'd get home from work, get the girls off to school, sleep a little, volunteer, pick the girls up from school and head to all those activities that we want our kids to immerse themselves in so they can have an idea of what they want to do when THEY grow up, grab a bite to eat on the way home to get ready for work, head to the hospital to meet the moms and dads of the new little people I was helping bring into this world, head home after a full night, and then do all of it again the next day.

Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom.  I absolutely love being a nurse.  I'm in serious love with my husband of 36 years.  BUT I WAS TIRED OF THE RAT RACE.  I just wanted to stop and smell the roses.  I wanted the opportunity to figure out what I was all about, what I wanted now, what I wanted then, and how I wanted to get there.

So in 2003 I went to my first Stampin' Up! workshop that my daughter invited me to, not because I was interested in stamping, because I truly had no idea what stamping was, but because I wanted to support Christa.  But after making my first card, I was entranced.  I had no idea I could make something so cute.  It was at that time that I realized there was more to life than just going through the day to day routine.  Weird, huh?

I later joined my sister's stamp club and enjoyed getting together every month with women I hadn't known before I started this stamping adventure.  As you can imagine, one thing led to another, and then in 2005 I signed up as a demonstrator.  I just wanted the awesome special that was being offered. But then I wanted to help reimburse our household money that I had spent on the kit with money that I could earn from bringing stamping to other people.  And that's it...in a nutshell.  The journey began almost 10 years ago, and it's still going strong today.

I love the opportunities I've had to meet new people, travel to places I've never been before, and learn to enjoy "the moment" in all its glory.

Life is about making memories, giving back to make this world of ours a better place, and taking ALL of it in, one step at a time.

Join me on my journey and let me know what brought you here to my blog.  What's your life like?  Have you ever stamped before?  What's your profession?  Are you a work at home mom or dad? Do you fly planes?  How do you enjoy your moments?


No comments:

Post a Comment