Saturday, March 7, 2015

Do More of What Makes You Happy

My hubby's birthday was last month and I wanted to make him a super special card.  Not just a "little" card, but a BIG BEAUTIFUL card to let him know how much I love him.  So I folded a sheet of Whisper White card stock in half and began to create.  It had to be sparkly and shiny and cool.  I am so grateful to Stampin' Up! for giving me all the tools to make this beauty!  I overlaid my base with the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum and Gold Embossed the 3 pieces stamped using 'Amazing Birthday' and then punched them with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.  I overlaid the sentiment, after gold embossing on a sheet of Vellum card stock, onto a piece of our Gold Foil Sheets.  Before popping my gold circle on the Vellum I took a piece of the Gold 1/8" Ribbon, cut the binding off one edge of the length of the ribbon and then pulled the beautiful gold fibers apart. (I learned this spectacular tip from my friend, and Canadian stamper, Krista Frattin).   I adhered these fibers with dimensionals and just let them flow.

When I finished with the card I needed an envelope that fit this big boy.  I pulled out my Envelope Punch Board, found my card size and got to work.  To decorate the envelope I did more embossing and cut a banner using the Gold Glimmer Paper.  I sealed the envelope with Sticky Strip and finished it off with a little punched gold heart.

If you have never used an Envelope Punch Board, check out this video provided by Stampin' Up! to learn more.

Check out the list of supplies below.  Contact me with any questions.  I would love to talk with you!
Have a wonderful stampy kind of day!!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment