Monday, March 16, 2015

Faux Metal Technique Compliments Irresistibly Yours

Have you seen it?  Do you have it, yet?  If not, HURRY because it leaves us when Sale-A-Bration ends.  I'm talking about the Specialty Designer Series Paper, Irresistibly Yours.  It makes my heart happy every time I sit down to design a project.  There are several ways to use it, which is another reason I hope we see more DSP like this when our new catalog comes out this June.  Here is my card for today.  Mondays are so hard sometimes, but this woke me right up, and I can actually say this Monday is a good day:-)

One of the techniques I learned years ago, was how to do faux metal.  This is a take off from that, as normally for the "metal" part of this technique you would use gold, silver, copper...you know...metal finish colors...Nevertheless, the technique is the same.  You start by stamping your image in Versamark Ink, and I chose the Pool Party Embossing Powder (EP) for this project.  Apply the EP to your inked image and emboss as normal with your heat tool.  Allow the melted powder to dry and add another layer of Versamark Ink, EP and reheat.  Do this a third time and this time, while the melted EP is still wet press your stamp into it, letting it set for a few seconds and then remove your stamp.

This year I have gravitated to our blues when I stamp.  I love the Bermuda Bay and Pool Party hues, so I sponged in these two colors to glam up the star sheet of the Irresistibly Yours DSP.  Be sure to wipe off the pre-embossed stars with a paper towel to make them really pop!  Adding the Bermuda Bay Sequins for this balloons string was the icing on this cake.  The little gold bow from the Balloon Framelits set is so cute.  I popped the balloon up with 5 dimensionals and secured the strand of sequins with glue dots.

Hope you have enjoyed this project.  If you would like to try your own here's my supply list:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment