Thursday, March 19, 2020

Well Dressed and Fussy Cut


One of my pet peeves in life is to do tedious things.  With that being said, when I started on this Stampin’ Up! journey in 2005 as a demonstrator (I was a customer from 2003 until July of 2005) I was introduced to “fussy cutting” and I instantly knew “this was NOT for me”.  At least that’s what I thought.  As time passed, I did a little of this fussy cutting and realized it wasn’t too bad.  The end result was far more enjoyable to look at than was the tediousness of cutting out my pieces bothersome, for a swap that I was doing.  Does that make sense?  And as more time passed, I noticed a calmness coming over me when I sat down to cut pieces out for my projects I was working on. 
Now, don’t get me wrong…when I was introduced in 2008 to the Big Shot I whooped and hollered as loud as the next demonstrator with excitement that I could increase my production of pieces while decreasing my time spent on the like, and that remains the truth to this day.  But I really do enjoy taking my time, sometimes, to just take a breath and start cutting.  It gives my mind time to clear from the stressors of the day and I feel relaxed when I’m finished.
My card I’m sharing today is using the technique of fussy cutting and I really like the way my stamped images have that little bit of “pop” on my card.  I glued everything with the Multipurpose Adhesive and the only colors used are Night of Navy and Whisper White. 
This card, using Well Dressed, is simple and can be used for a man OR a woman.  Not to mention, you can change the colors to anything your heart desires.  This stamp set is new this month as a FREE set with your qualifying purchase during SaleABration (SAB).  Be sure to pick it up soon!  When SABs over, it’s gone.


If you zoom into the image on the back you can see my personalized message to my recipient
As always, enjoy your day and Happy Stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment