Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Embellished Ornaments With Silver Accents

Have you ever had one of those days that you're not sure what to do, so you just spin?  That was me for awhile.  My dad, who is 82, is in the hospital and I just get worked up about it.  As a family we have been through the ups and downs of aging and it never gets easier.  Oh, the logical self says, "it is what it is", but the soul just gets sad and worried.

Anyhoo, to take my mind away from something I can do nothing about, I thought I would post this project I made a few weeks ago.  It was actually the first card I made when I received my Embellished Ornaments stamp set.  I actually used the dryer sheet method when I ran these through the Big Shot.

If you're unfamiliar with that way of cutting, just take a "well" used dryer sheet and fold it in fourths. Put it on the bottom, next to the cutting mat and then place your card stock, then your die, then your other cutting mat.  I ran it back and forth about 4 times and then took out the ornaments and they came out beautifully.  I used the Silver Foil sheets for the toppers and hooks and I embossed with Silver Embossing Powder.  To glam it up a bit I used the Silver Dazzling Details and that's about it.

So, if you pray, please just add a short one for my dad to do well with a procedure tomorrow and thank you for stopping by.  Have a blessed evening.  --Tammie
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment