Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ombre in Mint Macaron

I think the Work of Art stamp set is one of the most versatile sets I own.  I've seen so many things done with the various stamps in this set and I want to try them all!

I had my club the other night and the first card I chose to design was bold and bright (I'll show this card at another time), so I wanted the second card we made to be the exact opposite, subtle and soft.

I also wanted this card to be quick, and it fits the bill on all counts.

I ran the pink pirouette piece, which is 3"X 5", through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.
Next I stamped in Mint Macaron on a Whisper White piece cut to 2 1/4"X 4 1/4".  I inked only once and started at the bottom of the piece, using the ombre technique.  Then I stamped the sentiment in Smoky Slate, stamped the hearts in Pink Pirouette, punching them out with the heart punch from the punch pack.  I took the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and cut two strips 1/4"X 4 1/4".  I popped the stamped piece up with dimensionals and then slid the glimmer pieces in on the edges.  All of the other gluing I did with the Multipurpose Adhesive, since it's easily repositioned if it's not straight, initially.  I rarely get things straight the first time;)

Enjoy your Thursday, and oh, if your a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, enjoy the unveiling of the Holiday Catalog at Convention or in the live stream today!  

See you next time.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment