Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Crafting and Stamping are Great Therapy

Yesterday I woke up to my husband urging me to "Hurry, come with me, I think she's dying"  I knew immediately he was talking about our dog Zoe.  We've been treating her for a heart condition that is common to Boxers since last October, with 6 different medications twice a day.  She has actually been doing very well, but today she collapsed on her morning walk with Bob, and we feared this was the end.  Bob carried her home, which is no easy feat when you're talking about unsupported weight, and we laid her down in her favorite spot.  Zoe was conscious, but that was about it.  She couldn't lift her head, and she was so pale.  Her heartbeat was all over the place and we just knew the outcome was grim.

I checked on her often throughout the day, and every now and then she would actually get up, get a drink of water, and then lie down again.  Okaaay, that's a good sign, right?  I continued to administer her medications as prescribed, but mid morning she lost everything that was in her belly, including the meds that could help her.

I couldn't just continue to stare at her all day.  She didn't need me to, I couldn't continue to see her in the condition she was in continually, so I went to my stampin' retreat and began to create.  As I thought about what I would make, I thought about our lives since Zoe came to us 2 1/2 years ago. She was a rescue from a kill shelter and she has been the most amazing, kind hearted, lovable dog we have ever known.  She's a clown, a pal, and a healer of our hearts.  As I thought, I stamped and as I stamped I thought.  Here's Zoe:)  She's a boxer mix and she is simply the best!

 Here is the card that was completely inspired by our girl.  Zoe is bright, like the new In Colors.  And she is our jewel, like the buttons on this little lady's cover and pocket book.
Thanks, Zoe, for your inspiration and I hope anyone checking out this post is inspired, also!!
Have a good Wednesday.

Oh, and as a minor update, Zoe has kept all of her medicines down today, has started drinking more and actually met me at the door when I came home from getting my granddaughters from camp, and her little nub of a tail was wagging her familiar "Welcome...I'm so glad you're home" wag.


No comments:

Post a Comment