Monday, December 21, 2020

From Mayhem to Beauty with Poinsettia Petals


 So I had this "stuff" and I wasn't quite sure what to do with it all. I had scraps of card stock, stamps and their coordinating dies, inks, etc. 

One of the things I've learned that is actually exciting and fulfilling, is to take the unknown and see where it leads. In this case, I took all of my parts and pieces and started to create.

As I worked through the color combinations and the "clutter" on my desk my vision became clearer and clearer on where this project was going. And oh my gosh, I used some things that I've had in my "use this before you put it away" drawer. How exciting!!!! I had ordered the Ornate Frames dies a while ago and as life would have it, I just had never put them to use. GASP! NO!! But today it happened and as much as I loved them in the catalog, I am totally in love with them now.

Without further chatter, please see my creation below. I love, love, love how it turned out. I hope you do, too.




In making this card I wanted to add some frost to my poinsettia petals. As luck would have it, in the upcoming Spring Catalog an old favorite of mine is returning which made this task completely, and easily, possible. We used to have an adhesive called Heat and Stick Powder, which has been missing from our stamping arsenal for about 3 years. However, IT'S COMING BACK! This powder is used with Versamark Ink and when melted onto the Versamark with the Heat Tool, it becomes very tachy. It's an excellent way to use our Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (or any glitter, for that matter) to get it to stick to our projects. 

I'll post the link to this project on my Stampin' Up! website so you can see all the ingredients I used. With that being said, the Heat and Stick Powder will go live on January 5th with the new Spring Catalog, so message me at that point and I'll get that item number to you.

Full disclosure, the glittery berries are made using retired glimmer paper and the red glitter dots are retired, also, but just do what I did...look in your arsenal and pull out your stuff that will work in their place.

Happy Stamping!!

~Tammie



No comments:

Post a Comment