Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Rococo Rose Christmas

            

Last year, as is an annual tradition, ©Stampin' Up! introduced five new 'In Colors', of which one is Rococo Rose. Although I love this shade of pink I just never found an occasion to use it. GASP! I know, right?! So I have challenged myself to make some cards using this beautiful color. I have just under a year before this color goes away (because as you may or may not know, In Colors stay for 2 years and then they're gone). I'm going to have a lot of card making to do, starting NOW!

The theme for my cards is Christmas because I also wanted to challenge myself to make some cards with non-traditional colors. 

These are the three cards I've designed and I'm pretty happy with the color combinations and stamps I've chosen.









The components for the above card are the Christmas Gleaming and Christmas Means More stamps. I used the coordinating Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack. The inks I used are Rococo Rose, Smoky Slate and Basic Gray. I colored the ornament toppers with the Smoky Slate Blends and then punched holes in the hangers and attached a Linen Thread bow.  To get the strands that are "holding" the ornaments I used some Tear & Tape to secure the Linen Thread on the front and the back matted In Good Taste DSP. The baubles I used are retired Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, but you could easily color our Pearls with the Dark Rococo Rose Blend.







For this card I colored the holly and berries with the Rococo Rose and Granny Apple Green Blends and applied Wink of Stella to give some shimmer. I then fussy cut them and applied them to my card using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.



This last card uses the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp and the coordinating Christmas Layers dies.The solid "snowflakes" are the pieces that are left after cutting the line flower piece. 
If you like what you see head over to my website and order your next card components😉

No comments:

Post a Comment