Thursday, September 10, 2020

Cherish the Season in Granny Apple Green

What do you think about the color I used for these cards? It's Granny Apple Green. I liked this color when it came out a while ago, but I had no idea it would be my favorite green. The Shaded Spruce is a close second, but oh, how I love the bright crispness of Granny Apple. It pairs so well with the gold, too. So putting the Gold Hoop on my card made complete and total sense. At first I was imagining a wreath, but I guess with the influence of Beautiful World, another awesome stamp set I have, and the piece I used as a base for my "globe" from the dies, Sounds of the Season, that coordinate with the Cherish the Season stamp set,  I just had to make that globe. 

The bells I used on my first card shown here are the Jingle Bells, that are another carry over from our  2019 Holiday Catalog. I cannot tell you how happy I am that Stampin' Up! made the decision to carry some of the coolest things from last catalog to this current Holiday Catalog. Such a great company I am a part of! I obviously used the gold bells, but there are also red and green bells in the mix. 

The other stamps I used are from some other sets available in our Annual and our Holiday Catalog. DID I TELL YOU THIS CATALOG IS THE BEST HOLIDAY CATALOG EVER? Those sets are Itty Bitty Christmas and For Unto Us. The embossing folders I used for my cards are the Tasteful Textile and Old World Paper. 

In my second card shown I stamped with Versamark on the Gold Foil and embossed in gold and then fussy cut the bells. How do you feel about fussy cutting? Some people hate it with a passion, but I actually LOVE it. Never did I think I would. It's tedious, time consuming and patience is a must. But to be honest with you, when I started doing it, fussing cutting all those pieces for my, then, Christmas cards in 2003, I found that I was able to relax and enjoy some much needed downtime from my career as an RN. And I still feel that way today. 
If you like my cards, and have any questions about products, measurements or anything else, just contact me and I'll give you the scoop. 
Have a great day!
~Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment