Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Rose Wonder with Stained Glass Technique is Beautiful!




I knew when I saw this bundle with the Rose Wonder stamp set and the coordinating thinlits that I would have to make it mine because I saw how many gorgeous possibilities there would be when I got my hands on it.  My friend, Mary Ellen Stites showed several ways to use this set and so this is a take away from one of those things she showed me.  This thinlit and stamp are large so it lends the perfect opportunity to making a bigger card than I normally do.  These cards are 5X7/7X5 which calls for making my own stylish envelope, perhaps using the Birthday Bouquet DSP with the Envelope Punch Board.

The supplies I used for this project were card stock- Pool Party and Whisper White; Glimmer Paper-Dazzling Diamonds; Vellum; Jewels-Rhinestones; Stampin' Write Markers- Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron.  I embossed the Pool Party piece with Gently Falling EF and my adhesives were the Fine Tip Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals and Multipurpose Adhesive.  My stamp set was Rose Wonder and the coordinating thinlits were Rose Garden (page 18 of the Occasions Catalog). After I cut the rose outline from the Glimmer Paper using my Big Shot with my Magnetic Platform I ran the new Big Shot Die Brush from the Occasions Catalog (pg 19) over the paper and it came out easy peasy.  As a side note, when I run intricate dies through my machine I make 3-4 passes to get the best cut possible.

For the Stained Glass Technique, you simply layer your glimmer paper outline, your pool party template and the vellum together and then, turn your piece over and color on the back of the vellum, using your rose outline as your coloring guide.  When you're gluing the glimmer paper to the vellum it takes a little longer to adhere, so just wait a little longer than normal and you're good to go. Since this piece is so intricate using the Fine Tip Glue Pen is a must.  So easy and so cool!! Once I had the card designed I assembled the artistic piece on top of the base card using dimensionals (very liberally) so my design was lifted off the base, giving it the look I was after.

Let me know what you think:)  I'd love to hear from you!

~Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment