Monday, February 1, 2016

Grandchildren, Birthdays and Cardmaking...I Love the Possibilities!!



Our granddaughter, Maddy, turned 7 a few days ago and she loves the color pink.  I chose to use Rose Red since it's a "hot" pink color and it matches the new 'It's My Party' Enamel Dots in the Occasions catalog.  Have you seen the catty?  I swear it's the best of the best that Stampin' Up! has ever put out!!!  I want to get (and use;) every item in there!!  The embossing folder 'Confetti' on page 5 is too cute.  Oh, and the numbers framelits...on page 10...where have they been all my life?!  Not to mention you can bundle these framelits with the Number of Years stamp set and you are good to go for all kinds of projects!!  Check it out!

So I knew I wanted lots of texture, layering and fun things that would catch a 7 year old's attention so I layered my glimmer paper 7's using the Dazzling Diamonds and Blushing Bride glimmers and then stuck them to my clear embossed Vellum that I had inked in Rose Red.  I used the cake stamp from Party Wishes on page 5 as well as the Happy Birthday and A Little Something Sentiments.

I couldn't ignore the little cupcakes in that set and the coordination with the Party Punch Pack made it uber duber easy to create these little embellishments!!

I am usually in too big of a hurry to decorate my envelopes, but this was Maddy's card and I wanted it to be sooo special so I cut the liner using the Envelope Liner Framelits on page 173 of the main catty from the Love Blossoms DSP on page 17, using the middle die to coordinate with the Notecard and Envelope I chose to use.  It's petite and just the right size for my munchkin Maddy.

I had fun creating this card and look forward to sharing more soon:)  Have a great Monday!!

--Tammie


No comments:

Post a Comment