Wednesday, November 25, 2015

#HappyThanksgiving

I was getting ready for my vendor fair in October and I was going through some boxes of cards from the past.  What a trip down memory lane!

I found this scare crow and the memories just starting flooding back like wild.

I did not come up with this idea, but I definitely enjoyed making it every step of the way.  Thank you to the demonstrator from years gone by for your creativity and imagination.  I wish I knew who you were because you deserve all the credit for this one!

I love it when punches can be repurposed, like the bird punch, using the wings for the eyes, and the large oval for the mouth.  Oh, and how about the hearts for the crows feet and the circle for the beaks.

I love sponging to add dimension and texture and there is a LOT of that on this card!  The background was made using the crimper we used to sell.  Sure wish we had that tool in the catalog still.  Sponging with Whisper White Craft Ink gave that piece of blue cardstock the look of an old tin building.

Looking at this card and enjoying it like it was a new creation again just makes my heart smile. I'm definitely going to have to get more "artsy" again.  So much fun!!!!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and all your holiday wishes and dreams come true!

--Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment