Friday, November 6, 2015

Curvy Keepsake "Book To Look" Boxes


These are my "book to look" creations for this time around.  I found the ideas on Pinterest and went from there.  I love the black glimmer paper as well as all of the other options we have!

I've put prize notes on the bottom of these cute little Curvy Keepsake boxes that can be peeled off so the recipient can use these boxes for "whatever" they want.

To make the snowman hats I used my circle framelit (2 3/4") to cut the black Glimmer Paper and then punched out the center of the circle with the Word Window Punch.  I cut 2 pieces of Black Card Stock (for each snowman) that was 2 1/2" X 2" and scored up 1/2" from the bottom--this was how I attached the brim to the "stovepipe" portion of the hat.  Then I rounded the top corners and glued the sides and top together with multipurpose adhesive.  You'll want to avoid gluing the "whole" top as you need a place for the box handle to slide into the hat so it will sit on the snowman's head.  Finally I embellished with a red glimmer paper heart and 1/8" red striped ribbon.  The circles and the heart are punched using the Owl Builder Punch and I freehanded the carrot nose.  I added the eyelashes with the black Stampin' Write Marker and the eye reflections with the Chalk Marker.

Looking forward to sharing this craft with some newbies!!
More pix to follow after the event today;)

No comments:

Post a Comment