Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Unconventional Dashing Deer



If you’re like me, you see ideas in our catalogs, on Pinterest, and on any number of other social media sites.  Sometimes I CASE projects so I have a nearly identical rendition of what I’ve found. Most of the time I want to make my projects “my own”. And then something else takes over and what I saw in my mind’s eye is nowhere close to what I end up making. Years ago I would become upset and throw my hands up and toss my “failure”.  
Then I had my aha moment. Instead of getting rid of my seemingly unsuccessful project I would take a deep breath and walk away.  After a few minutes, a few hours or days later I would return to my project and to my surprise, it wasn’t that bad. In fact, usually it was really good. I realized that just because my mind’s eye and my project didn’t match up I just needed to change my vision and, wa-la, creativity continued and I’ve had so much joy making things I never thought I was capable of. 
These cards are an example of all of what I just said. The deer above was my initial attempt at at my vision using the Dashing Deer Stamp Set.  As you guessed it, things ended up evolving and as it turns out, apparently there was so much in my mind that I was able to make not just one, but three cards.  Score!  I love the Dashing Deer stamps and their coordinating framelits and I had a lot of fun working with these non traditional Christmas colors, Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green.
If you're interested in any or all of my cards and would like more information regarding the supplies I used I would be happy to have a conversation with you.  You can comment below or you can email me at periopnurse.trun@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment