Monday, February 11, 2019

Just a Note to My Friend

Today's card was made for a friend whom I've known for awhile (awhile being at least 15 years), who was on my Stampin' Up! team and who now has moved on.  I appreciate everything she stands for and who she is.  Such an amazing woman, Cathy is.  Her creations were always so amazing and beautiful so my card for her needed to meet that standard.  I hope she likes it.
 How many of you have fallen in love with the Botanical Butterfly DSP?  I have, for sure!  I think the piece that's on my card is my very favorite.  Oh, and the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder...SOOOO beautiful!  I used the Sea Foam cardstock for this piece.  When you use these specialty embossing folders, be sure to lightly spritz your cardstock to give the fibers a little bit of give as you send your cardstock through the Big Shot.  Spritzing will keep your cardstock from tearing and it looks so nice! 
I found a card on Pinterest that the demonstrator, Su Mohr, made using her new Rectangle framelits. These are available in the Occasions catalog and I took her lead with that one.  I love the layering of the stitches!  Thanks, Su!  I love the Highland Heather on the DSP, so went with it to stamp my sentiment using a stamp from Flourishing Phrases in the Annual catalog.  My little glimmer butterflies were punched with the (temporarily unavailable) Butterfly Duet Punch using the Sparkle Glimmer paper.  Have a great rest of your day and an even better tomorrow.  Happy stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment