Friday, May 29, 2015

Punch Up Those Butterflies and Birds

I found this card on Pinterest several weeks, maybe months, ago.  I absolutely love the subtle colors, as well as this Elegant Butterfly punch.  I definitely want to credit the artist, unfortunately when I clicked into their post, it just takes me to an Ebay page from Australia.  I changed up the sentiment, but this is basically the same card I pinned, so~thank you for your inspiration from Australia!

When you make your butterflies, punch them first and then "wash" them quickly with your aquapainter and allow them to dry.  Then come back and sponge the edges with the same color, to add pop.

This bird-day card is also a Pinterest pin.  This card was designed by Carol Payne from carolpaynestamps.com and it is adorable.  Her color scheme was different, but same design.  Thank you, Carol, for your creativity!  I used the Birthday Bash DSP, which I adore, for the hats and punched them using the Small Oval punch.  The DSP and Punch are both retiring, but I'm sure I'll find other paper and punches to satisfy me;)



The punches I used were the 1 3/4", 1 3/8" and 1" Circles.  The wings on Mommy and Daddy are from the Bird Builder Punch and I just cut triangles for the beaks.  Very simple and quick card to make with very "WOW" results.  Thanks again, Carol Payne!!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment