Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mother's Day for My Mom

Blog Challenge
Well, I was going to enter my first blog challenge, so I printed out all the info a couple of days ago, I knew it ended today, but I neglected to read that I had to have my project in by noon eastern time:( It's all good though.  One of my main objectives has been met, in that I have created 2 new cards oh, and I guess there is another goal met...I have my cards ready for Mother's Day.  WOO HOO!!  

So the challenge was to use 3 colors which were Pool Party, Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral. Seemed like a great project recipe since those are some of my favorite colors.  

This card is for MY mom and I think she'll really like it.  I tried to think of her personality when I created it and if you know my mom, this fits.  Right?  

I used stazon black ink to stamp since I was considering watercoloring.  I wanted to use the Whisper White Card Stock, for the crispness, so choosing the aqua painter gave me that option so I didn't cause the paper to pile.  I diluted the Pool Party for the water in the vases and then I used the markers to color the flowers.  I added the stems in the vases with the black marker, since the image only shows part of the stem.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Now I need to go mail my card:)
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment