Thursday, April 1, 2021

A Simply Succulent Card for You

 


I grow, and love, succulents! They're easy, no pressure plants that tolerate being left alone very well. When I saw this bundle in the 2021 Spring Mini, in addition to the subject matter, the artwork of these stamps and dies is wonderful! As I viewed different interpretations using these stamps on Pinterest and in the FB Demonstrator Planning Place, I really loved the opportunity to color, if I wanted. In the past I would have used my Aqua Painters. Now, with their replacement, I was able to use my Water Painters. Oh, how I love this option!


The layering of the pieces really brings to life the plants and the area surrounding them. 


The sentiment stamps in this set are just as lovely. This stamp set spoke to me on so many levels.


...A little bit of background on my color choices for my card...

I'm frequently asked how I come up with my card ideas, the colors I use, etc. As mentioned previously, I check out social media sites and when I haven't found what is in my wheelhouse of possibilities I just ask myself..."what color have you NOT used in awhile?" I pick it, and I'm off to the races.

As you can tell, Soft Sea Foam has taken a break from my hobby, so it was THE WINNER! To compliment SSF I chose Pear Pizzazz and to accent I used Cajun Craze. 

Check out my supply list below for the components and tools I used for this project.

Stamp set/Bundle- Simply Succulents (156264)

Cardstock- Soft Sea Foam (146988)

                  Pear Pizzazz (131201)

                  Basic Black (121045)

                  Fluid Watercolor Paper (149612)

Ink- Pear Pizzazz (147104)

       Cajun Craze (147085)

       Versamark (102283)

       Embossing Powder, white (109132)

Adhesives- Liquid Glue (110755)

                   Dimensionals (104430)

                   Stampin' Seal (152813)

Tools- Stamparatus (146276)

           Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine- (149653)  

           Heat Tool (129053)

           Stitched Rectangle Dies (151820)

           Embossing Folder, Painted Texture (154317)

Enjoy making your own project with this bundle. Perhaps you'll even use the colors presented here. Maybe you'll even CASE my card. Any way you do it, have fun! 

Let me know what you think😌

Have a groovy day!

~Tammieb

           


No comments:

Post a Comment