Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Hammered Metal Another Way...for Thanksgiving


With the holidays upon us I'm continuing to design my cards and I want to stress my need to be different, to see things in a different way than "conventional".  Don't get me wrong, I love when things are familiar.  Familiar is comfortable.  But sometimes I just want to push the envelope.  I want to step outside of my comfort zone and try to see things from another perspective.  Hence, my card below.  The colors are really, anything but Fall.  But they're festive and this is what Thanksgiving is to me.  It's a time for my family to gather (which is a rare occasion to get everyone together on one day in one place) and celebrate all that we have.  It's a time for remembrance, reflection, and it's a time to be grateful.  So with that, Happy Thanksgiving to all!  I hope this inspires you to create differently and to celebrate that difference.

                            

This card is made with Night of Navy cardstock for the base and layered with an embossed Hammered Metal piece.  I used the Banner Triple Punch for my DSP (Brightly Gleaming) and Foil (Copper) tags and for my Happy Thanksgiving sentiment (Copper Foil) I used my new favorite die set, Word Wishes.  Do you have this set yet?  It coordinates with A Wish for Everything stamp set and it is a must have in my library of die tools.  I adhered everything with Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive.
Drop me a note to let me know what you think and even better, a picture of something you made that was inspired by my card

No comments:

Post a Comment