Friday, March 11, 2016

Sunset Retirement with Serene Silhouette Stamp Set

Good Friday morning!  I was asked by a friend for a gift certificate for her friend as she wanted to give a retirement gift. Now, I couldn't just give her the certificate...could I?  I definitely wanted to envelope the gift in an appropriate wrapping...one that was fitting for the occasion, right?!  Right!  Here's the card I came up with, and I felt the sunset was very fitting for this.  I saw this technique on Pinterest from a fellow stamper, Karen Titus.  You should check out her technique!  

So to get the effect on this card you will need a piece of Whisper White card stock and one of your clear blocks.  Next, choose markers that will give you the color scheme you desire.  I chose Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers for the sunset colors and Island Indigo, Marina Mist and Soft Sky Stampin' Write Markers for the blue sky.  The stamp set is Serene Silhouettes.  

Begin coloring strips of various widths onto your clear stampin' block and when you're finished coloring, spritz with water (or alcohol).  Let your colors flow together and then stamp onto your white card stock.  Once this has dried, stamp the trees, using Stazon Black or Archival Black ink.  

Add your card back and embellish as you wish.  I used the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen to put a little "dazzle" aroung my card and on the sentiment and trees:)  

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment