Thursday, March 31, 2016

Birthday Inspiriation


When I went to OnStage Local last fall in San Diego I was immediately drawn to the It's My Party Suite in the Occasions catalog.  Party Wishes was a really neat set that had coordinating punches for the cupcake, candle and balloon.  When I sat down to stamp with this set, which of course, I had to have, I was perplexed by the cake.  It was a SOLID stamp and I was frustrated in getting it to look the way I wanted.  I was never satisfied with what I came up with regarding design.  I finally just set the stamp aside and designed with all of my other new acquisitions;)

However, this stamp, particularly the cake, was always in the background of my creative mind.  I HAD to conquer this conundrum!

I DID IT!  At least in my mind I did.  DSP!!  So, recently I was designing cards for my 'Cards for a Cause' event and I wanted all the cards to be birthday.  Guess which stamp crept into my mind...AGAIN?!  You got it...Party Wishes.  I was determined!  Then it hit me.  Stamp on the back of the It's My Party DSP and fussy cut this darn cake.  I knew fussy cutting for this event would not be foreboding since it was all straight lines so I was not intimidated by this potential hitch.  Away I went...

Here's the final product and I really think it turned out cute!  I blinged up my card with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen (pg 24 in the Occasions Catalog/OC) and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added detail and dimension with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch (pg 31-OC) and the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (pg 174 in the main Idea Book).

Enjoy creating your birthday cards and have fun figuring out how to use that cake;)

Have a groovy day!

~Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment