Monday, June 28, 2021

Stampin' Up! Blends with Alcohol


Love, love, loving this technique! So are others! Are you one of the lovers? 

It's extremely easy to do and the WOW! factor is where it's at. 

If you've not tried making your own background art using this technique, then now is the time. 

Collect 3 colors of Stampin' Blends. For this card I used the dark in the combos for all the colors. Those colors would be Granny Apple Green, Fresh Freesia and Mango Melody.

I took a scrap of vellum and randomly "scribbled" the colors onto the paper. Then I used the medium tipped water painter and dabbed 91% Rubbing Alcohol onto the colors. When my background was dry I took the water painter, dipped it in the alcohol and splattered the alcohol around the colored Vellum. When my finished piece was completely dry I used the largest Stitched Rectangle Die and cut my piece which I then mounted (using my Stampin' Seal (+)) to some Basic White cardstock cut to the same size.  I cut and pieced together some flowers using my Meadow Dies and Granny Apple Green as well as Fresh Freesia cardstock. I layered them behind my Happy Birthday sentiment, using the Liquid Multipurpose Glue. For the birthday sentiment I cut one piece of Fresh Freesia and one piece of Basic White cardstock. I offset them to give a shadow effect and then used the liquid glue to attach it to the card front. I embellished with a small glittery butterfly and some shiny little purple flowers. I added my Wink of Stella to my Freesia cut flowers, so they had a little sparkle, too. The next to last part of completing my card was to add the artwork to a Fresh Freesia card base. I did add an interior Basic White piece and another cut and pieced flower. It just added that special touch to my daughter's special card for her birthday.

This was a pretty simple process, but the background just brings something that could have been so ordinary into the stunning category. 

So, again, if you haven't tried this technique, then do it now! Whatcha waitin' for;)

No comments:

Post a Comment